Additional Posting Location(s): San Francisco
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed.com is looking for a Senior Manager of Product SEO to continue to guide Indeed’s world class Product SEO team.
Today, more people find jobs on Indeed than anywhere else. Each month, more than 220 million job seekers in 60 countries search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies on Indeed. Indeed is the #1 source of external hires for tens of thousands of companies worldwide.
This position impacts people across the globe, helping them find their next job through Indeed. The ideal candidate, given the position’s high impact and visibility, is passionate about figuring out how search engines work, and is passionate about helping people find jobs. You will have the technical experience to work with our various stores of data, leveraging that information into actionable, scalable SEO improvements. You will grow and lead a talented and technical team that collaboratively furthers the vision of Indeed.
Important: You must have prior experience managing SEO for a large, dynamic global website with more than 50 million monthly unique visitors.
- Create SEO growth and development strategies for Indeed’s established products in all markets.
- Prioritize and execute initiatives collaborating with Product, Engineering, and International teams.
- Lead your team and others designing and analyzing methodical tests to quantify success (or failure), keeping focus on overall goals.
- Train Product, Engineering, and other relevant teams on SEO best practices. Use lessons from individual products and markets to improve Indeed’s overall SEO knowledge and strategy.
- Train and develop your team’s skills, encouraging learning and innovation.
- Create efficient communication channels between teams and time zones to ensure consistent goal focus and progress.
- Aid product analyzing and monitoring key competitors.
- Derive insights from huge datasets, mining logs or crawling the web as necessary.
- Master and be the point on industry standard analytics tools and proprietary systems.
- Relentless focus on providing real benefit to users.
- 3+ years of experience developing and executing successful global SEO practices resulting in more than 50MM UVs a month is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing a team.
- Python experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of search engine algorithms and strict adherence to white-hat SEO techniques.
- Advanced user in Google Analytics, Similarweb and other industry tools.
- Ability to quantify SEO initiative impact and prioritize accordingly.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to clearly explain important concepts to various audiences.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.