Date published: 25-Jan-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Your job.Indeed is going through brand transformation this year and is making a significant investments in design. We need a highly experienced and capable design leader who can lead the change while scaling the teams and maintaining a high velocity of experimentation. The ideal candidate has experience working with global brands and can demonstrate design achievements from problem assessment through the business impact. We are looking for someone who has partnered or led strategy development and has a good amount of business acumen. Design talent and impeccable customer-centric, data-informed execution is equally important.
- Manages a team of UX designers and researchers, ideally, in multiple locations
- Demonstrates high standards, and helps the team reach them, through good process, clear direction, and achievable goals.
- Collaborates with user researchers, design technologists, product and engineering teams.
- Implements design improvements that have positive business impact.
- 8+ years of experience as a ux designer, information architect, ux researcher, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience managing a small team of designers or researchers.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating design solutions and showing your ability to turn ideas into strong and unique creative vision.
- Experience leading design for a variety of form factors, including mobile and desktop.
- Experience leading and delivering on full-life-cycle design projects--from design strategy through execution.
- Relentless desire for innovation, tempered by business needs and customer expectations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, storytelling, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and senior executives.
- Bachelor's degree in design, psychology, business, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field required.
And why would you want to work here?
People like it here
People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
Your research will make a difference
If you are the type of researcher that wants to know what you are doing matters then you'll like our data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed you'll be able confidently describe how your research has improved our products.
Indeed is useful and successful
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs, we don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us
We get testimonials from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring all the time. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives. Not only financially; people spend about as much time with who they work with as the people they love. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
If you are genuinely interested in helping make products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, we look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.