Additional Posting Location(s): Seattle
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The data science organization consists of 60+ full-stack data and product scientists. We utilize machine learning, advanced statistical methods, optimization and the scientific method to make better products. Learn more about how we work via two recent tech talks (Full Stack Data Science, Science-Driven Product Development) and our Data Science Medium Blogs.
You will also be a member of a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore, Vancouver and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As the Senior Product Manager for Data Science at Indeed, you will work hand-in-hand with business leaders across the company to identify opportunities and create machine learning-driven products. You and the Head of Data Science will define the future of your product and what your team should work on. You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for your product and team. Your goals will not be easy to achieve; they should inspire and motivate the team to think big.
You will constantly create hypotheses for improving your products, test them, and learn from the results (see go.indeed.com/data-driven). Our product development philosophy is similar to the Lean Startup philosophy. You will create MVPs, prototypes, incremental rollouts and simple tests to validate ideas and iterate rapidly. In addition, you will take educated risks in developing and applying cutting-edge techniques that work with large-scale data.
You will sit with your development and data science team and work closely with them on a daily basis. You will define requirements, measure KPIs, track experiments and frequently ship releases. You will do data analysis, whether it’s running queries in MySQL, searching through logs, or using the plethora of in-house tools specially built for the colossal amount of data Indeed gathers (see go.indeed.com/indeed-imhotep).
You will enjoy a casual work environment, flexible hours, and great compensation and benefits. You will wear many hats and constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated, nice people. You will be proud of the company’s mission and your product’s impact.
On your first day, we will give you a t-shirt that says, "I help people get jobs." Soon after, you will be wearing your shirt at the grocery store and someone will come up and say, "I love Indeed! I found my job on Indeed. Thank you!" You will smile for the rest of the day. This will happen a lot.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. Your friends describe you as thorough, analytical and detail-oriented. You are someone with high standards who leads by example, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do.
You’ve got a technical background, and are comfortable slinging some code to solve a problem. You understand how software development teams work, and how engineers think. Most of all, you love solving hard technical challenges to make a difference in the lives of other people, whether they be job seekers, employers or your fellow Indeedians.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field, or equivalent experience.
- A/B testing expert
- 5+ years of consumer internet software product management experience.
- Prior experience managing data science or machine learning products
- A track record of success in launching new products and owning a product portfolio.
- Ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions to technical product challenges.
- Experience working closely with business leaders outside of product and engineering, particularly sales, marketing, and CS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to write code for automation, data analysis, or prototyping product features.
- Outstanding data analysis skills.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Ability to make data-driven business decisions.
Bonus points for experience
- Working in a data science or machine learning engineering role.
- In developing products based on advanced machine learning, statistical modelling and other data science techniques.
- With large scale data ecosystem, including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka and Airflow.
- Going all the way from data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring of data science solutions.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.