Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Every month our product brings a quarter of a million new employers into Indeed, along with two and half million new job postings, resulting in nearly a billion views on Indeed’s search site and one hundred million job applications. We’re helping people get jobs! We want to make this whole process better and more efficient. The extraordinary growth of our platform on a global scale coupled with our endless appetite for new product ideas and experimentation has resulted in a spectrum of engineering challenges and opportunities.
The Backend team is focused on delivering a resilient, scalable, high performance backend service and storage capability to support our continuing efforts. We regularly deal with issues of scale, performance, consistency, flexibility, and analysis.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you enjoy working on a close-knit team of highly capable engineers. You’re comfortable sharing your opinions, and you value consensus over authority. You have a deep background in Internet-scale storage solutions and associated services. You understand and appreciate how simple concepts, cleanly designed interfaces, high quality documentation, comprehensive automated testing, and good old fashioned diligence come together to produce a high quality, stable software platform that can grow to meet future needs. You will be equally adept at designing and evolving backend data storage technologies that can support a flexible, robust, scalable, high performance experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience in software development with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, Python, C#
- Significant experience with large scale, high-performance systems
- Experience building solutions for high traffic web sites a plus
Some specific technologies that you might know or be happy to learn:
- Java, the Spring Framework, and Apache Tomcat / Jetty form the basis of our stack
- MySQL is our central data storage technology, and SQL proficiency is important
- MongoDB and ElasticSearch are adjunct technologies that are gaining importance
- Ubuntu Linux is our preferred development environment
- Git, IntelliJ, Jira, Upsource
Other qualities that will give you a head start in our team:
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Full-stack development experience
- Experience with cloud computing platforms
- A delivery-oriented mindset, with a focus on quality and testing
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.