Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings in more than 60 countries and 28 languages. With engineering hubs in Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The Challenged Markets team focuses on solving problems for job seekers and employers in unique markets like Japan, India, Brazil, Europe and many others. We identify, implement and test market specific improvements to our current product offerings, and we develop and test new innovative solutions that are often successfully applied in many markets beyond the original target countries. If you passionate about building new and innovative products from the ground up and enjoy working with other teams to implement new features in their products, all in order to helping job seekers worldwide finding their dream job, then you will fit right in.
- Improve our current products to better match job seekers and employers in specific high priority and strategic markets
- Architect new solutions and validate new ideas by either building on top of existing solutions or by prototyping new products
- Identify system architecture and product design improvements to better support feature development and integration with new products for job seekers in all international markets
- Mentor engineers and provide feedback on software architecture designs and implementations of new products and features.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a strong sense of ownership in everything they build
- Highly motivated to have an impact by solving problems faced by job seekers and employers worldwide
- Has strong architecture and software design skills
- Is able to build new products from the scratch quickly
- Is capable to work in other teams’ code bases
- Has 8+ years of full-stack software engineering experience
- Experience building solutions for high traffic web sites
- Exposure to A/B-tests
- Experience with internationalization and localization
- Experience with modern front end development technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work with Product Management to define priorities, and provide technical direction to junior engineers
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.