Additional Posting Location(s): Austin
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative geospatial systems and products that scale to hundreds of millions of queries a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide. When you come to work at Indeed, you’ll be working with a smart and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills, and a drive to get things done.
- Utilize geospatial information to increase search quality for job seekers and employers
- Design and implement new features, systems, and products to improve Indeed’s knowledge and use of jobs’ locations
- Continually improve search quality and web search infrastructure and performance
- Dive deep into our job posting and search history data to understand our users’ intended job location searches and then use your creativity to improve our search results to help users get jobs closer to where they want to work
We're looking for someone who:
- Has experience in and love of geographic information systems (GIS)
- Has a passion for run-time performance
- Thrives on simplifying complex information
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in software development with at least 3 years in object-oriented programming (e.g., Java or C++)
- Deep background in geographic information systems
- Significant experience with large scale, high performance systems.
- Experience building solutions for high traffic web sites a plus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.