Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The Recommendations team builds algorithms and models to match job seekers with the best job opportunities for them. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs. We constantly dig into the data available at Indeed to analyze, inform, and develop solutions to the problems we face. If looking at data, slicing and dicing it in multiple ways, and coming up with interesting insights is something you thrive upon, you will fit right in.
If you want to help drive the technical direction for our next-generation recommendations systems, then the Recommendations team is waiting for you.
- Improve our current prediction models to serve relevant jobs recommendations to the jobseekers
- Build large-scale algorithms on Spark to experiment with new matching and ranking algorithms
- Continually improve recommendations quality, infrastructure and performance
- Be creative, innovate on building personalized recommendations and job-to-job recommendations, help define expectations and iterations
- Provide feedback on other engineers’ designs for new systems and enhancements. Investigates problems and recommend fixes for teams’ products.
We're looking for someone who
- Thrives on simplifying complex information
- Has a strong sense of ownership in everything they build
- Is passionate about Machine Learning, predictions, matching and ranking algorithms
- Highly motivated to have an impact by delivering user-facing features
- Has strong architecture and software design skills
- Brings a collaborative approach to Data Science problems
- Works effectively with other people and teams in all functions
- Can do big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark
- Has 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Exposure to A/B-tests
- Exposure to analytics and statistics
- Exposure to Information Retrieval techniques
- Experience building solutions for high traffic web sites is a plus
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.