Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The Challenge Markets Messaging team builds software enabling millions of people to find and apply for jobs on the messaging platform they like best. This is a pretty significant undertaking, as there are a lot of open questions as to how to provide the best experience for users on messaging platforms, which means we do a lot of experimentation at scale. It’s a big challenge, but it’s also a lot of fun.
Working with us means:
- Doing pair-programming and test-driven development (BDD/TDD) most of the time.
- Being part of a cross-functional team, where engineers work hand-in-hand with product managers and UX designers to create a great experience for our users.
- Taking ownership over the systems we build and maintain: identifying and collaboratively implementing architectural improvements, breaking down ideas into small, concrete steps that we can validate iteratively, etc.
- Shipping high-quality software at speed, ideally multiple times per day.
- Actively participating in and helping to drive team decisions about what we build and how we work.
- Working at a sustainable pace. We focus hard and get things done during the day, and then we go home on-time afterwards.
- Have a strong sense of ownership in everything you build.
- Be highly motivated to Help People Get Jobs, by solving problems faced by job-seekers and employers around the world.
- Possess strong architecture and software-design skills.
- Have 5+ years of experience in building and shipping production software, ideally across the full stack.
Also, there are lots of great programmers in every language, but we work in Java. You should either know Java fairly well, or be willing to learn on the quick.
It’s also great if you have:
- Experience in pair-programming and test-driven development (TDD).
- Built and delivered software at scale for high-traffic sites and high-load systems.
- Worked in an environment with lots of A/B testing.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.