Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
We’ve built a fast, efficient, and reliable platform that handles 5+ billion job search queries every month. We provide the simplest job search with the most complete results, the easiest way to manage your resume and apply to jobs, and a powerful mobile app that handles over 50% of our traffic. As we continue building more great products, we are looking for ideas from every field of computer science to keep pushing us forward. This includes machine learning, big data, distributed computing, natural language processing, information retrieval, user interface design, and other technologies. We are looking for an engineer who are passionate about coding, love intellectual challenges, are eager to learn, and want to work with a variety of technologies to solve interesting problems.
The mission of Personalization team in Search Quality Engineering is to draw a high-quality user portrait to help Indeed better understand the users’ behaviors/intentions, and thus to deliver the best relevant content to jobseekers, and best matching jobseekers to employers. The team is responsible for building a solid data processing infrastructure that collects, stores and serves big volume of information, and makes data more accessible to Indeed's developers, services & teams.
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of page views a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
- Design, develop and maintain a solid data processing infrastructure, that collects, stores and serves big volume of information, that makes data more accessible to Indeed's developers, services & teams.
- Build an across the world multi-region data storage solution with high throughput and availability.
- Utilize the stream processing transportation and batch processing technologies, to extract enormous value out of Indeed’s data.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience in Java or C++, Java preferred
- Experiences with large-scale data processing architecture and data modeling
- Experiences with real-time data pipelines: Kafka, Spark stream, Flink, etc.
- Experiences with No-Sql Databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, Habase etc
- Knowledge of Hadoop related technologies such as MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, and Pig
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.