Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed’s job search engine serves billions of search queries every month connecting tens of millions of jobseekers to relevant job opportunities. As part of a small collaborative team from engineering, operations and product management, you will work on areas such as feature extraction, document indexing, retrieval, and relevancy scoring. We constantly dig into the data available at Indeed to analyze, inform and develop solutions to the right problems. If looking at data, slicing and dicing it in multiple ways and coming up with interesting insights is something you thrive upon, you will fit right in.
- Design, develop, and maintain pipelines that create search indexes out of data from large databases
- Design and implement efficient algorithms for ranking search results, increasing recall, filtering spam, personalization, etc.
- Extract, cluster or classify high-quality features from unstructured data
- Continually improve search quality and performance
- Code innovative tools to support rapid experimentation and learning
- Has a passion for run-time performance
- Thrives on simplifying complex information
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience in Java or C++ - Java preferred
- Strong algorithms and statistics background
- Experience in information retrieval (IR) or machine learning - Lucene experience desired
- Experience building solutions for high traffic web sites a plus
- Some expertise in clustering and classification techniques preferred
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.