Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building highly reliable systems that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, we are looking for you. Indeed offers highly determined engineers like you a multi-faceted development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
International Forward Deployed Engineering (IFDE)
Our recently launched IFDE Team, partners with various product and platform teams at Indeed to help make their offerings work better in Indeed’s markets outside of the United States. These “dual citizens” of two teams are fully members of IBU but work deeply in the codebases of and with other teams to address long-standing issues that have blocked the strong adoption of their products and platforms in Indeed’s international markets.
The systems we design are a critical part of Indeed’s global machinery where service reliability and stability are our topmost priority. As a QAAE, you will be a key member of the International Forward Deployed Engineering team tasked with finding scalable ways of automating functional and performance testing. You will review and influence the development of codebase for testability and performance. You will infuse automation and testability into the development life cycle, using a test-driven approach leveraging Push on Green (CI/CD). While you will contribute to the product backlog as a software engineer, you are the team’s specialist in developing testable, reliable, and performant products.
Our primary technology stack is Java-based, but we believe strongly in using the right tool for the right job. As such, we’re employing best-of-breed technologies and incorporating them into our stack. This includes things like Spring Boot, Node.JS, Next.JS, React/Redux, MongoDB, Mesos, Kubernetes, to name a few. Additionally, sometimes the right tool for the job doesn’t exist, so we’ve created and open-sourced a number of our core systems. You can explore them on Github and YouTube.
- 5+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Software Developer, or similar Automation role
- Experience designing test structures that are easily maintainable, resilient, performant and scalable
- Proficiency in writing clean, modular, reusable code using design patterns
- Proficiency in writing thorough tests that cover edge cases with appropriate ROI for velocity and quality
- Proficiency at identifying and analyzing the root cause of complex bugs in your code as well as others’ code
- Well-versed with incrementally validating investments in innovative solutions for your team’s automation
- Experience with test frameworks such as PyTest, TestNG, RSpec, JUnit, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following technologies: RESTful APIs, gRPC, or Selenium Webdriver automation with Java, Python or other object-oriented languages
- Good understanding of Spring Framework, Protobuf, ReST, GraphQL, and JSON.
- Good understanding of one or more SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of technologies like Jenkins, Git, Docker, Unix commands, shell scripts, AWS, gRPC RabbitMQ, and machine learning
- Proficiency with Linux based environments
- Experience with GIT, Continuous Integration systems (Hudson/Jenkins) & Bug Tracking (Jira) tools
- Experience with using agile methodologies for software development
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.