Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
- Perform multi-cluster cloud deployment and administration utilizing OpenStack, XenServer, AWS & Kubernetes
- Perform OpenStack & Ceph cluster administration tasks and problem resolution
- Provision nodes (physical, virtual and containerized), storage and new data center locations
- Perform hardware upgrades, day-to-day troubleshooting and break/fix on x86 systems and iSCSI SANs
- Provide consulting expertise regarding infrastructure and technology best practices and cost optimization during internal design reviews and design/spec/build sessions with company stakeholders
- Develop and implement major process improvements and technical solutions that improve infrastructure reliability, developer velocity and team efficiency
- Administer F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers with custom iRules; manage Pacemaker/Corosync clusters
- Manage thousands of production nodes utilizing microservice architecture through configuration management and orchestration tools like Puppet or Ansible
- Diagnose and remediate advanced Linux system performance and configuration issues, utilizing tools like /bin/perf and strace, with minimal vendor support spanning multiple technical domains
- Evaluate technologies based on trade-offs and capabilities to improve performance and/or capacity
- Build out capacity plans, working with various Engineering teams to identify and proactively act upon capacity needs
- Work autonomously, prioritizing and driving multiple assigned projects with day-to-day operational tasks and job responsibilities
- Maintain and develop automation with glue languages such as Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Design and implement improvements to production monitoring systems using tools like InfluxDB, Alerta, DataDog and Nagios
- Develop and maintain backup/DR strategies
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation targeting areas of your expertise
- Develop and lead internal technical trainings and contribute to team technical documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of current DevOps, Systems/Site/Production Engineering or Linux Systems Administration
- 6+ years Building & Maintaining Large Globally Distributed Production Linux Enterprise Environments
- 4+ years Virtualization Administration Expertise (OpenStack/KVM, XenServer, Docker)
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Configuration Management Tools (Puppet & Ansible)
- Advanced experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting & repair of enterprise servers
- Hands on experience with Docker, Kubernetes preferred
- Solid scripting (Python preferred) experience with ability to utilize REST API interfaces to accomplish tasks
- Experienced in diagnosing kernel and library level issues
- Fluency with code deployment processes, microservices, and serverless architectures is preferred
- Must have reliable transportation for routine and ad-hoc data center visits
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.