Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
Your job.Indeed.com is seeking a highly motivated Indirect Tax Senior to join our growing Tax team. You will assist with all US Indirect tax compliance for Indeed’s domestic entities. You are a self-starter who is highly organized, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and thrives in a fun, results-oriented work environment. This role is based out of our Stamford, CT office and will report directly to the US Tax Manager.
- Gather information and assist in the preparation of filings required for sales & use tax, property tax, and other non-income tax compliance
- Assist in tax research, interpret tax law, and communicate findings to management and other internal stakeholders and departments
- Assist with taxing authorities’ audit/examinations
- Work on use tax monthly analysis and compliance
- Assist with registering and file any new state licenses and business registrations for the Company as needed
- Work effectively with indirect tax outside service providers
- Work collaboratively with other Corporate functions on various projects including direct interaction with Engineers and Product
- Managers to determine possible sales taxability
- Review over exemption certificates for validation
- Perform special projects, as required, assigned by Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax or Accounting preferred
- 3+ years of experience working in a public accounting firm or large multinational tax department with a focus in Indirect taxes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of tax compliance software (i.e. OneSource, Vertex, Workday, etc)
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple disciplines
- High proficiency with data analysis and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database tools
- Analytical skills to provide suggestions and alternatives to complex scenarios
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables and V-lookups) a plus
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.