Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed is looking for a Technical Writer who can guide a team of writers to support our mission of enabling successful communication through effective content. A mentor who can help create, edit, and organize highly technical information and turn it into compelling and useful content for internal and external audiences.
A Technical Writer is someone who loves to write accurate and engaging documentation for technical audiences. Someone we will be excited to work with every day. Someone with high standards who will push us to be better. Someone who will take pride in Indeed, like we do.
- Create and organize internal technical information for developer processes, product features and new technologies.
- Create technical documentation for our open sourced products.
- Work with technical staff to write and edit engaging posts for our engineering blog.
- Work one-on-one with other writers to help them deliver their projects.
- Administer evaluations and guide career development, including training opportunities.
- Identify and propose solutions for major improvements to team processes.
- You have over 5 years experience writing developer-facing documentation and other forms of technical content for software applications.
- You have experience managing teams and complex content initiatives for software development teams.
- You are highly organized, self-motivated and love to bring order to chaos.
- You ask the right questions and get the right details from highly technical and very busy people.
- You have previous experience with and know your way around wikis (we use Confluence), blogs (we use wpengine), and GitHub.
- You have tackled internal and external documentation projects that have made life easier for developers of all experience levels.
- You’re not afraid of adjusting to changes midstream and are excited about using your creativity to solve problems.
If this sounds like you, submit a cover letter with your Indeed Resume and include a link to a portfolio of your work.