Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
Indeed’s Job Seeker Content Incubator, is a product accelerator charged with pioneering new product ideas for job seekers and assessing their viability through fast launches and empirical learning. Want to know what it feels like to launch something new each quarter? Are you a fan of the Lean Startup and Customer Development? If so, come join us!
We are looking for a UX Designer who can help design experimental products. In this role, you would be working with small product teams and be expected to identify the best path to validating ideas while advocating for the user.
So what would you be doing?
- Designing pages, emails, features and flows for mobile and desktop
- Creating production-ready assets
- Talking with users and doing research to get feedback
- Collaborating closely with Product Management and Engineering
- Define the interaction and/or interface for new and existing products and features
- Be a partner with Product Management and your team to define the vision for the product
- Develop prototypes, screenshots, wireframes -- whatever gets the job done
- Quickly and thoughtfully incorporate team feedback into designs
- Validate your designs through A/B testing (working with product management) and/or usability/qualitative user research (either yourself or working with a UX researcher)
- Refine other people's ideas and come up with your own
- A minimum of 5 full years of professional UX experience (excluding internships) including visual design, interaction design and user research
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing usable interfaces and interactions
- Able to autonomously and continually improve the quality of our products
- Great presentation skills and ability to articulate and defend choices
- Experience designing for responsive, adaptive, and mobile
- Strong ownership and leadership capabilities
- Able to mentor/oversee others
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
- Experience leading design jams or design workshops is a strong asset
- Ability to create prototypes using HTML/CSS/JS a plus
- UX experience in small start ups, incubators or R&D a bonus
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.