Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
How this role works.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed UX Designer who seeks to craft engaging, elegantly usable experiences and interactions for Indeed. This opportunity is best for a self-motivated individual who can work across internal, global teams while focusing on delivering results.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned, highly-skilled design leader who is constantly driven to simplify and elevate the customer experience. This role requires superior user experience and information architecture skills; along with excellent visual design, problem-solving, relationship and communication skills. Your experience demonstrates the ability to balance your passion for inspired, compelling, elegant designs with real-world business needs, and a drive to build and deliver. Your solutions will be forward-thinking and built to be scalable and extensible towards a broader vision for Indeed and its customers.
What you bring to this role.
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and design
- Ability to think beyond current design trends and ground the solutions in user research
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional partners to propose and sell scalable solutions, strategies, concepts, methods, and processes with the aim to delight our customers.
- Thrives in ambiguity and executes the most challenging projects with excellence, driving them independently.
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a collaborative and agile environment
- Mentoring and on-boarding junior UX team members
- At least 7 years delivering experience design solutions as a UX designer, interaction designer or information architect for customer facing web and mobile environments.
- Hands-on experience working on search and/or administration features is a plus
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
- Proficiency designing and prototyping with a variety of tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, inVision, After Effects
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.