The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Singapore, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
About Job Seeker UX
- Collect user feedback on new designs.
- Plan and carry out interviews, surveys, other generative research to inform future product strategy.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to uncover opportunities to conduct research that generates deeper insights.
- Establish and manage relationships with research-related vendors.
- Conduct research activities as needed to support your particular product area.
- Collaborate with other researchers, product managers, and UX designers to ensure research translates into business impact.
- Triangulate quantitative and qualitative data to provide deep product context.
- Mentor and coach UX researchers on the team.
- Ideal candidate will take the initiative to introduce impactful user research to product teams.
- 5+ years conducting applied user research for software/web-based products with stories to share.
- MS or PhD in a human behavior-related field (Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Social Science, Statistics, Behavioral or Micro-economics or other related field).
- Flexible approach to research: Our goal is to provide product teams value. Determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand. If an existing research method doesn’t do that, we invent our own research method.
- Competent in qualitative methodologies such as usability testing, contextual inquiry, and interviewing.
- Able to quickly share research results with teams (top line results in hours, not days or weeks).
- Able to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions.
- Willing and able to travel to Singapore (and potentially other offices in Asia) on a quarterly basis.
- Willing and able to take some evening meetings with our Singapore team on a flexible working schedule.
- Strong experimental design and/or A/B testing skills; understanding how to plan, execute, and analyze experiments in a statistically rigorous way is a plus.
- Familiar with Python or R. Familiarity with SQL is a plus.
- Familiar with survey design and analysis is a plus.
- Familiar with analysis of eye-tracking data is a plus.
- Experience coaching, mentoring, leading and/or training other UX researchers is a plus.
People like it here.
People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
Your research will make a difference.
If you are the type of researcher that wants to know what you are doing matters then you'll like our data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed you'll be able confidently describe how your research has improved our products.
Indeed is useful and successful.
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of.
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs, we don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us.
We get testimonials from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring all the time. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters.
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives. Not only financially; people spend about as much time with who they work with as the people they love. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
If you are genuinely interested in helping make products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, we look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.