Date published: 6-Oct-2016
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Site Reliability Engineering keeps the world's largest jobs site running smoothly and helping jobseekers around the world get jobs. SRE applies software engineering techniques and discipline to production operations to attack major problems and fix them for good. SRE adds nines to our already well-engineered and highly reliable software products supporting jobseekers, employers, and internal customers. You will respond to production failures, deeply understand their causes, and engineer durable and lasting solutions that make solid software even more so. You'll work with distributed systems at high scale, developing novel new platforms and technologies to scale stably while increasing product velocity.
SRE is a new team at Indeed, and members of this team will have the chance to influence the direction for a critical and global SRE organization. There will be ample opportunities for growth in many areas: technology skills, leadership, mentorship, design, and more.
- Work with product development teams to improve performance and reliability for new feature development
- Design, write, document, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, and performance of Indeed products
- Support software products in production as part of the on-call rotation
- Train and educate software engineers and SRE team members
- Help set the foundation for the Site Reliability Group within Indeed
- Help define processes, techniques, architectures, and practices to ensure the reliability of Indeed products and services
- Construct scalable architectures to handle millions of concurrent requests across Indeed's platforms and services
- Detect, fix, and learn from critical production problems, and improve processes
- Directly make changes to supported applications' source code and design to improve performance and reliability
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Serve as subject matter expert for multiple proprietary and open source technologies
- 2+ years prior experience as an SRE at a high scale Internet company
- 2+ years prior experience developing production software (as SRE or as product software engineer)
- 5+ years total professional experience as SRE and/or SWE
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structure, high scale architecture, and the nitty gritty of production operations and computer hardware
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline (e.g. Computer Engineering)
- A passion for elegance and simplicity
- The ability and drive designing solutions that will outlive the problem
- A love of learning and developing new skills
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems.
- Scripting wizardry and an adept command of the command line
- The ability to write code and use automation
- Experience with configuration management
- Ability to learn rapidly, and comprehend our code, open source code, and how it all fits together.
- The ability to deliver quick and dirty solutions quickly and then solidify them into reliable systems
- Good interpersonal skills for working in a highly collaborative environment
- Solid communication and customer service skills
- A deep curiosity to understand how everything works from the frozen bits of the coldest storage all the way to the twisting crystals of the user's screen pixels
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.