Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Your job.Are you seeking an opportunity that will provide you with invaluable skills, impactful work and real-world experience? Indeed is seeking self-motivated interns to join our growing Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team!
As an SRE Intern, you’ll be working with your mentor to apply foundational computer science knowledge and principles to keep our products available and fast.
- Participate in the entire software lifecycle including design, development, delivery, measurement, and learning.
- Design, develop, write, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase product reliability and organizational efficiency.
- Support the software lifecycle through activities like reviewing designs, creating platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and chaos testing.
- Improve service reliability through root cause analysis, blameless postmortems, and using code to prevent or respond to problem recurrence.
About you.Minimum Qualifications:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Students must be in their penultimate year of study to apply for this role.
- Experience writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Perl, Python, or a similar language.
- Experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Interest in designing, writing, and/or troubleshooting software and systems in a distributed, internet scale Linux environment.
- Systematic approach to solving problems.
- Strong communication skills, ownership, and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Internship Program is 6+ months long (dates are flexible, according to your university work placement requirements)
- To apply, candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Eligible candidates will have a graduation date in 2021.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms:  https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.