Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We help people hire people. The SMB Hiring team is a group of engineers, designers, data scientists and product managers who are responsible for the products used by millions of Small and Mid-Sized companies globally. We support hundreds of thousands of employers posting jobs with 10s of millions of applies per month all around the world. SMB Hiring provides the platform for posting jobs and getting these jobs in front of the right job seekers, innovative AI models to improve mutual visibility and engagement, and streamlined communication and workflow. Globally, people count on our SMB teams to ensure Indeed’s employer products are available, fast, and working correctly to ultimately get people hired!
We are a top level business group at Indeed that delivers a huge impact on Indeed’s bottom-line. Our work integrates with many teams across Indeed and requires highly technical, innovative, flexible thinkers with excellent communication and passion for delivering the best experience to help people get jobs.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
There are over 20 teams in SMB with various degrees of automation coverage. We are looking for an experienced leader to come in and help develop a cohesive strategy that ensures the quality of the product as a whole, not limited to its individual parts. You will help develop and advocate for the strategy as well as guide and support cross functional teams as they partner to make it a reality. You will develop new tools to effectively test products and improve Indeed's engineering processes to make delivering quality code a breeze.
You will work side by side with Software Engineers to design quality into their products. You will work within both our legacy code and new feature development to be a driving force in increasing quality across the business area. You will understand the inner workings of technologies that you will be testing.
Are you someone who loves to understand the inner workings of the technologies that you test and to be a strong advocate for quality? Can you picture yourself working across multiple teams and technologies to improve the overall quality and velocity of the entire business area? Are you passionate about bringing people together to make a huge impact?
- BS in Computer Science or a related area, or relevant work experience
- Proven programming skills in Python, Java, or related languages
- Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, regression testing, code review, and design of new features.
- Experience testing all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing
- Have 5+ years experience as a Software Design Engineer in Test or SDET or Software Engineering roles
- Have successfully implemented a CI/CD automation strategy and understand the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
- Are passionate about mentoring others and growing the careers of those around them
- Are comfortable working cross-functionally to drive quality across the SDLC, including reviewing Production code, assisting with Design for testability, and using data to drive decisions about impact and rate of investment of test code.
- Drive and influence across the organization.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.