Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of the software and systems in your team’s product area
- Identify engineering and product improvement opportunities for your team
- Follow through on the impact of your projects in production
- Identify and resolve documentation gaps for your product area
- Regularly solicit feedback on your work items
- Mentor new engineers on your team
- Share your technical ideas, successes, and failures with other engineers
- Participate in interviewing and recruiting activities
- Improve the productivity of your team
- Execute loosely-defined work items, including defining precise requirements
- Work with team lead and product managers to prioritize and plan your work items
- Independently design and deliver solutions that span multiple components
- Manage dependencies of your work items within your cross-functional team
- Suggest ideas for how to achieve your team’s mission
- Focus on tasks that provide the most expected business value
- Has a passion for run-time performance
- Thrives on simplifying complex information
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Significant experience with large-scale, high-performance systems
- Experience of building solutions for high traffic websites is a plus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.