- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field required
- Minimum 1 year of experience programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go, or Perl required
- Minimum 1 year of experience employing modern software architecture and design patterns, such as service-oriented (SOA) and event-driven architectures (EDA) required
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain services, systems, and user-facing software applications helping 200 million jobseekers every month.
- Write software to fulfill well-specified, small-scoped work requests for team's product(s), escalating more complex or ambiguous issues to senior engineers.
- Write software to fix complex bugs or fulfill larger, less well defined work requests for team's product(s).
- Contribute documentation that relates to team’s products, code, and work items.
- Works with Product Managers and other stakeholders to clarify requirements and to decompose large requests into smaller ones that can be executed sequentially or in parallel. Helps design new systems and enhancements to existing systems to support substantial new features and products. Provide feedback on other engineers’ designs for new systems and enhancements.
- Investigates problems and recommend fixes for teams’ products.
- Translates Indeed’s business requirements into logical, simple, clean and maintainable code.
- Work with team lead to implement distributed systems that are performant, scalable, and resilient; and demonstrates a solid understanding of Indeed’s business fundamentals, and clearly articulated thoughts on engineering’s role in helping the company achieve its goals.
- Will be required to provide constructive, insightful feedback on other engineers’ code changes through code reviews and provide feedback for peers in the Engineering and Product organizations on what they’re doing well and where they have opportunities for growth.
- Will also be included in the interview process for other potential software engineer positions.
- Collaborates effectively with individuals across the company in a wide variety of functions.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.