Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
San Francisco Bay Area Base Salary Range:
Software Engineer I: 119,000- 149,000 USD per year
Software Engineer II: 154,000 -190,000 USD per year
Senior Software Engineer: 154,000 -190,000 USD per year
Staff Software Engineer: 190,000 - 234,000 USD per year
Principal Software Engineer 234,000- 288,000 USD per yearTechnical Fellow: 250,000 - 328,000 USD per year
* Experiment and build ad systems that help employers find the best candidates and help job seekers find their dream jobs.
* Build machine learning models to solve forecasting, budgeting, bid optimization, and ranking issues.
* Help scale a data infrastructure for our massive sets of data to enable millions of database lookups.
* Help scale a data pipeline for real-time processing of an enormous amount of user behavioral data.
* Have ownership over the things you build, help shape the product and technical vision, direction, and how we iterate.
* Work closely with your product and design teammates to improve some of the highest-trafficked parts of Indeed including the homepage and job search.
* Work closely with the product managers and stakeholders so that they can leverage your components.
* Run numerous experiments in a fast-paced, analytical culture so you can quickly learn and adapt your work.
* Get the satisfaction of knowing that you helped connect people to that perfect job that’s just right for them.
* Has deep experience in big data and applied machine learning, preferably in digital advertising.
* Passionate about using big data and machine learning technologies to solving challenging problems in advertising.
* Passionate about your work and the problems you solve.
* Passion for collaboration and making others around you successful.
* Has a strong sense of ownership in everything you build.
* BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
* 5+ year’s experience in software development
* Experience with digital advertising such as ads serving, ads ranking, budgeting or ads targeting.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.