Additional Posting Location(s): San Francisco, Seattle
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed is one of the most visited web properties in the world, with hundred of millions of pageviews per day. Underlying Indeed’s site is a complex and sophisticated system of interconnected frontend and backend services processing petabytes of data, running in data centers distributed around the planet. We deploy improvements to our site daily. Indeed needs Test Automation Engineers to help us maintain our rapid rate of change.
In any given week you might diagnose capacity bottlenecks in webapps, write tools that use sampled production data to drive regression tests against backend services, test a distributed system for reliability under network partition, extend a framework to run and test distributed systems, measure a webapp’s performance, or measure the reliability and network bandwidth consumption of a file distribution system.
Indeed offers engineers a sophisticated development ecosystem, short release cycles, and the freedom to work on a broad range of projects. At Indeed, you will work with a smart, creative, and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a drive to get things done. In the test automation group, we use a wide range of technologies, including Java, Python, MySQL, MongoDB, Docker, Hadoop, Amazon EC2, Mesos, JMeter, and many more.
- Write effective tools and infrastructure to test complex, large-scale, distributed systems
- Collaborate with developers to define and develop reusable test frameworks
- Build tools that make our Development and QA teams more productive
- Devise ways to measure system throughput, capacity, and reliability
- Leverage production data to test how our systems perform in the real world
- Promote best practices for creating and maintaining high-quality software
As a prospective candidate, you should...
- Have a passion for making sure software does what it’s supposed to do
- Love to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Have Bachelors in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- Have hands-on experience with Java or Python
- Have hands-on experience with networking tools and configuration
- Have hands-on experience building and/or testing backend systems
- 2 + years experience using and writing tools to test frontend and backend systems
- Have experience delivering unit-tested, high-quality, reusable, maintainable code
- Have experience with testing and debugging distributed systems
- Have hands-on experience with Linux
- Experience with performance testing of frontend and backend systems
- Experience with or knowledge of complex system architectures
- The ability to find creative testing approaches and ways to measure them
- The ability to recognize constraints that hinder developers and quality analysts from delivering high-quality software
- The drive to create tools and frameworks to remove those constraints
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.