Additional Posting Location(s): Austin, Austin - Downtown
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a multi-faceted development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide. You will be touching new technologies, new products and new jobseekers. How cool is that?
As a full-stack software engineer at Indeed's amazing Austin, TX tech office, you’ll be a part of a small, highly talented team of people working end-to-end on the products and services that power the world’s #1 job site. You’ll have the opportunity to impact everything from user-facing pixels on both desktop and mobile, to the backend data stores, and everything between. At Indeed, we love data. As a part of a highly data-driven organization, you won’t have to guess at the impact you’re having; you’ll leverage our large-scale data analysis infrastructure to define, measure, and test your hypotheses and deliver the best possible experience for the jobseeker.
At Indeed, our primary technology stack is Java-based, but we believe strongly in using the right tool for the right job. As such, we’re rapidly adopting emerging best-of-breed technologies and incorporating them into our stack. This includes things like React/Redux, React Native, Python/Django, MongoDB, Go, and Mesos, to name a few. Additionally, sometimes the right tool for the job doesn’t exist, so we’ve created and open-sourced a number of our core systems. You can explore them on GitHub and YouTube.
As a Software Engineer on the Innovation Labs team, you will...
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and engineers to design product experiences.
- Build web applications in Python/Django, including front-end (user interfaces) and back end.
- Continually improve our technical stack and processes.
- Maintain existing tools and infrastructure as necessary.
- Participate in usability testing.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of professional work experience with rapid-development web technologies, and excited to work with Django / Python
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Working on large scale applications a plus
- Core CS fundamentals (Algorithms and Data Structures) a huge plus
We get excited about candidates who
- Understand the end user and can create simple, elegant solutions
- Love to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Think about why something needs to be built not just what needs to be built
- Have a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- Thrive on working with new technologies
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.