Additional Posting Location(s): Remote - US
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Your job.If you are an engineer who's passionate about open source technologies, culture, and values, Indeed is looking for you. We have a multi-faceted development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week, our engineers deploy new versions of their products to production. This rapid iteration helps millions of jobseekers and employers worldwide achieve their goals. Open source software is threaded through our entire stack, from top to bottom. This is a opportunity for you to bring your open source expertise to the table, and help us become better members of the open source community.
As a software engineer working remotely on the open source team, you’ll be a part of a small, highly talented group of people whose focus is primarily on open source software - including projects that Indeed owns, like Proctor and Imhotep, as well as open source projects on which Indeed depends, like Apache Mesos. You’ll be helping us improve our own open source projects, while looking for opportunities to release new projects that the community will find valuable. You will play a key role in helping spread open source best practices across Indeed, and modeling great open source participation.
At Indeed, our primary technology stack is Java-based, but we believe strongly in using the right tool for the right job. As such, we’re rapidly adopting emerging best-of-breed technologies and incorporating them into our stack. This includes things like React/Redux, React Native, Python/Django, MongoDB, Go, and Mesos, to name a few. Additionally, sometimes the right tool for the job doesn’t exist, so we’ve created and open-sourced a number of our core systems. You can explore them on GitHub and YouTube.
- Make contributions to Indeed’s open source projects
- Contribute to open source projects on which Indeed depends
- Embed with non-open source software teams as needed to assist in development and spread open source best practices
- Be a champion for open source, both inside and outside the company
- Write and speak about your work, internally and externally
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of professional work experience with rapid-development web technologies
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and deliverables
- Working on large scale applications a plus
- Core CS fundamentals (Algorithms and Data Structures) a huge plus
- Are passionate about open source, especially when it comes to welcoming new contributors
- Love to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Think about why something needs to be built, not just what needs to be built
- Have a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- Thrive on working with new technologies
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.