Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
SREs at Indeed are embedded directly with our product teams, working closely with them to design, code, test, run, and evolve the systems that help people around the world get jobs. We work closely with dozens of Indeed teams to drive adoption of modern reliability practices like SLOs, error budget policies, actionable alerts, follow-the-sun on-call, incident retrospectives, chaos testing, and end-to-end ownership.
SREs are crucial contributors to nearly every Indeed product team that has big traffic, big data, or high availability and performance requirements. Indeed’s rapid business growth and people growth continually create new opportunities for you to engage and make an impact. This environment provides ongoing professional development opportunities for SREs at every stage of their careers, from interns and new grads to architects and directors.
You will also discover ample opportunities for growth in several areas: improved technology skills, effective leadership, dedicated mentorship, creative design, strong communication skills, teamwork, and more.
Simply put, as an SRE, you will help Indeed build and operate fast and reliable products that help people get jobs. Are you up for the challenge?
- Design, develop, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase product reliability and organizational efficiency.
- Guide reliability practices through the entire software development lifecycle through activities like architecture reviews, code reviews, creating platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and chaos testing.
- Maintain service health through monitoring and follow-the-sun incident response.
- Improve service reliability through blameless post-incident reviews and using code to prevent or respond to problem recurrence.
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Perl, Python, or a similar language.
- Experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Strong interest in SRE topics like SLOs, resilience, scaling, performance, and more.
We get excited about engineers who
- love learning
- enjoy collaborating with teammates and partners
- have experience with a globally distributed team
- take initiative to solve problems using a scientific approach
- apply appropriate new technologies and processes
- can provide substantial feedback on distributed system designs
- have previous experience in an SRE or Production Engineering role
- have worked with highly available multi-region websites
- enjoy mentoring and guiding teammates
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.