Date published: 19-Jun-2017
Additional Posting Location(s): Atlanta, Austin - Downtown, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Norfolk, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Richmond, San Diego, San Francisco, San Mateo, São Paulo, Scottsdale, Seattle, St Louis, Stamford, Tampa, Toronto, Washington DC
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The Indeed Employer team in Austin TX focuses on giving small-to-medium businesses all the tools they need to get a job live on the Internet and make a hire. Our customers are the source of millions of the jobs you might search for on Indeed, and we process millions of applicants for those jobs every day. We continuously build new features into our product to streamline and enhance our customer's experience and the value they derive from using Indeed as their partner in hiring. That value has reflected back on us, as we've continued to grow our team and increase our revenue contribution to a significant share of the company's bottom line. Our focus on employers, our engineering talent, and our dedication have made us very successful at helping people get jobs!
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a multi-faceted development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
As a full-stack software engineer at Indeed, you’ll be a part of a small, highly talented team of people working end-to-end on the products and services that power the world’s #1 job site. You’ll have the opportunity to impact everything from user-facing pixels on both desktop and mobile, to the backend data stores, and everything between. At Indeed, we love data. As a part of a highly data-driven organization, you won’t have to guess at the impact you’re having; you’ll leverage our large-scale data analysis infrastructure to define, measure, and test your hypotheses and deliver the best possible experience for the jobseeker.
At Indeed, our primary technology stack is Java-based, but we believe strongly in using the right tool for the right job. As such, we’re rapidly adopting emerging best-of-breed technologies and incorporating them into our stack. This includes things like React/Redux, React Native, MongoDB, Go, and Mesos, to name a few. Additionally, sometimes the right tool for the job doesn’t exist, so we’ve created and open-sourced a number of our core systems. You can explore them on GitHub and YouTube.
- Collaborate with designers, product owners, software engineers recruiters
- Build and maintain high-performance web applications and services
- Continually improve our technologies and processes
We're looking for someone who
- Has a passion for building elegant, scalable software that solves practical problems and helps people get jobs
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- Desires to make a huge impact. 300 engineers with 220 million unique visitors each month
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience and 4+ years industry experience
- Significant practical experience with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a high-performing member of a small, cross-functional team
- Solid comprehension of core CS fundamentals (Algorithms and Data Structures)
- Experience building solutions for high traffic web sites
- Real-world, experience with one or more of the following, at scale: MVC Frameworks, Google Closure, React.js, MySQL.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Product Management to define priorities
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.