Additional Posting Location(s): Mountain View
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The Job Spotter team is building the future of job exploration. Every day, thousands of users worldwide help people find local jobs at small businesses. Our mobile apps allow people to spot local “now hiring” signs and add these jobs to the Indeed job search database. We use machine learning, social graph algorithms, and moderation to crowd source and share these job opportunities with job seekers. Our team builds innovative product features, coordinates work among different cloud services, uses cutting edge frameworks like React and React Native, and releases changes weekly to users.
As an Engineering Leader, you will provide hands-on leadership for a full-stack development team building and enhancing products and systems in our service-oriented, highly scalable, multi-datacenter environment. You will work with product managers, designers, and engineers to measure, analyze, and improve product metrics using tools and frameworks for large-scale product experimentation. You will coach and guide the team on project delivery including design feedback, code reviews, and production issue investigation. You can read more about the kinds of technology challenges we tackle on the Indeed Engineering Blog at: https://engineering.indeedblog.com/blog/
You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You have worked beside and earned the respect of talented software developers. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about agile development process and technology career development. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems of scale
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- The desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- A deep understanding of web technologies
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Has a strong sense of ownership
- Enjoys working collaboratively within a mission-driven team
We get excited about candidates who
- Built tools or processes that coordinate tasks between humans and heuristics
- Interested in either React or React Native
- Have experience with mobile apps
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: https://www.indeed.jobs/career/Home#benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.