Additional Posting Location(s): Mountain View
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
You will be the technical leader of the Solutions Engineering Team. You will define the technical direction for the group, review the technical solutions that are being delivered, define best practices for all of the team's work, and ensure high-quality execution from the entire team. You'll also engage directly with stakeholders throughout all departments of the company to partner with them to find high-impact opportunities to solve business problems with technology and software.
You have experience delivering high-quality software solutions. You care about the impact of your work, and seek the simplest solution to complex business problems. You are equally comfortable reviewing data schemas and pull requests as well as business cases and project plans. You have experience in multiple programming languages and comfortable discussing technical aspects of any part of the application stack. You have experience working as part of a solutions engineering team delivering enterprise-grade applications and systems. You like to "wear multiple hats", and build teams that do the same. You enjoy both directed and undirected learning, and your curiosity spans technical, business, and organizational areas.
- 5+ years of experience building software and other technical solutions
- 2+ years as a manager or technical leader of a solutions engineering group
- Experience with multiple application development environments such as Java & Spring, Python & Django, C# and .NET, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, etc
- Experience with enterprise technologies and application patterns
- Experience as a Hiring Manager is preferred
- Direct the work of a team of Solutions Engineers, reviewing technical plans and ensuring the quality of implementations.
- Partner with stakeholders throughout Indeed to scope, architect, and plan Solutions projects
- Define team process and best practices and ensure high-quality execution within the team
- Manage the performance of a team of individuals, including technical and non-technical coaching and creating opportunities for career growth
- Plan and execute hiring strategy for the Solutions Engineering team
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.