Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
The team.We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are ranked as best as they can be for our job seekers and that they're not being duped by scams or fraud. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate A/B tests. Simply put, we help people get the right jobs.
Our team is focused on creating an innovative system to help match both job seekers and employers. We believe that job search is not just about skill matching, a Job seeker might seek for changing industry or position, or new challenges overseas. That is the reason we try so hard to understand the job seekers’ job search intent and interests from various data, not only their experience and skills.. We develop search ranking models using these data with machine learning technology to show jobseekers matched job while also helping employers find the right candidates in time.
As a Software Engineering Manager in Search Quality Engineering team, you will provide hands-on leadership for a development team of a 6-8 members using your technical experience and deep knowledge. You will actively partner with Product Managers (PM) and other key team members in both Tokyo and Austin,TX to create and prioritize the product roadmap and to help refine and enhance the business strategy. All of Indeed’s products are built with performance, scalability, and data-driven decision-making in mind.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about coding, love intellectual challenges, are eager to learn, and want to work with a variety of technologies to solve interesting problems.
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems of scale
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- The desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
Nice to have
- Experience in machine learning, data engineering
- AWS Experience and knowledge
- Search technology experience such as Lucene, Solr and/or Elastic search
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.