Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time. The Challenge Markets team focuses on solving problems for job seekers and employers in high priority markets like Japan, Europe and India. We identify, implement and test market-specific improvements to our current product offerings, and we develop and test new innovative solutions that are often successfully applied in many markets beyond the original target countries. If you are passionate about building new and innovative products from the ground up and enjoy working with other teams to implement new features in their products, all in order to help job seekers worldwide find their dream job, then you will fit right in.
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems of scale
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- The desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Strong knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
- Japanese language ability would be an advantage, along with a cultural understanding of the jobseeker market in Japan
- Experience working with stakeholders and other teams across countries/regions.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.