Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Our team owns Hiring Events, a product within Indeed’s job advertising ecosystem that helps employers hire more efficiently by letting jobseekers RSVP to an interview in lieu of applying to the job, effectively skipping directly to an interview. The product has recently “exited” from the internal incubator and is currently the fastest growing product at Indeed.
When you come to work on the Hiring Events team, you’ll be working with a small team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a dedication to experiment.
The Hiring Events team is seeking a software engineering manager to lead the initiative to design, build, and launch a new web/mobile application to create and manage hiring events. This application will replace the existing technology for performing these functions and enable us to take advantage of new business opportunities.
- We use rapid application development technology
- We instrument our code liberally with analytics so we can see what’s happening
- We release daily
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems
- A deep understanding of the web
- Experience with service-oriented architectures, APIs, SQL and NoSQL
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly
- Experience managing a high-performing engineering team
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Solid communication and people skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with full-stack application development is a plus
- Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience a plus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.