Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Ishbook toolset - Indeed’s centrally managed Jupiter notebooks installation, which is used by 40% of all Indeedeans on monthly basis
Alexandria - Indeed’s data catalog, which is a key part of Indeed’s overall strategy around managing data, currently used by 15% of all Indeedeans
In this role, you will contribute to the evolution of the Analytics toolset to serve all analytics needs across Indeed. You will work with Product Managers to set the product strategy and create roadmaps while directly influencing buy vs build decisions for each of the products in the portfolio. You are the owner of technical standards of the products in an environment where multiple parties make contributions to the team’s codebase.
You have a passion for using data to make decisions and helping others to do so!
- Strong working knowledge of current database technologies and at least some familiarity with big data technologies
- Experience with setting up and improving the team’s delivery processes using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices
- Significant experience with Python (most of Django, Flask, pandas)
- Experience in leading a team of software engineers, performance management, hiring, and career coaching
- Some experience with analytics tools (any of Tableau, Jupyter notebooks, Google Analytics, MixPanel, etc)
- Developing and maintaining internal tools/products
Jupyter notebooks, JupyterHub, Jupyter Enterprise Gateway
React / Redux
Kubernetes or Mesos
Familiarity with RabbitMq or Kafka
Setting up and managing a service using 3rd party software
Managing outsourced teams or contractors
Familiarity with Python data visualization libraries
Familiarity with Open source software development process
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.