Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
The studio. Designing the future of work.
The Design Platform Studio is an interdisciplinary team of interaction, visual and brand designers, writers and researchers. Together, we’re defining the future of the Indeed product experience. Working with teams across the globe, we’re building Indeed’s first comprehensive design system. We’re big-picture thinkers who know how to work in the trenches. We lead design for the core search experience, native apps and job seeker journey, helping Indeed craft experiences that are human, empathetic, hopeful and trusted. This is the most exciting time to be a designer at Indeed and we’re seeking truly awesome, unbelievably talented makers to join us.
Your job. Your strategic impact within your first year.
- Mentor and inspire a growing team of design specialists
- Mentorship for a growing team of brilliant content designers/writers, illustrators, motion designers, product designers and creative generalists.
- Mentor and inspire your team to create the foundation of a world-class design system for product experiences including voice and tone standards, photography, color, type, illustration, and motion.
- Mentor and inspire a network of embedded design system product designers globally.
- Lead the next generation of Indeed design systems
- Execute on a 6 month, 1 year and 2 year vision for a design system that connects job seekers with employers.
- Create standards for expressive moments of our product experiences (email, landing pages, wordpress templates, and bespoke digital experiences) as well as guidance for how we show up in our functional experiences (forms, flows, etc.)
- Partner with user research to make decisions guided by the needs and expectation of our users.
- Use quantitative studies to understand business impact and measure progress.
- Develop and define global standards
- Work collaboratively across our organization to create tools, frameworks and guides that product teams will use to ensure a cohesive and branded product experience.
- Create documentation and standards in frameworks and guidelines.
Create communications for the Storytelling Studio
- Internal communications - Support and guide product teams in the development of product vision videos and briefs.
- External communications - Lead content creation initiatives that advance Design at Indeed including blog long-form content, video, digital, social media and print.
- In partnership with marketing teams, craft long-form content and video content that support product initiatives.
You’ll have experience with global brands and/or world-class agencies
- 6+ years of brand and product design experience with an accompanying portfolio.
- 3+ years of shipping products and digital experiences.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Natural entrepreneur.
- Ability to collaborate flawlessly with multiple teams (Design, Product, Engineering, Marketing).
- Ability to support UX research.
- Bachelor Degree Required, a degree in design, psychology, business, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field or equivalent experience.
People like it here.
At the core of our culture is a heart for service. We may disagree but we’re always united in doing what’s best for our customers. Another part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
Design what matters most, how the world works.
Indeed is a conversation about jobs, companies, salaries, skills, locations, benefits, culture, your past jobs and your future. Being a part of our design community, you’ll be shaping the conversation we have with millions of people and considering how we connect in a meaningful way in the lives of Job Seekers and Employers.
- Life and work balanced — We trust our employees to manage their time in a way that works best for them. We're proud to offer an open vacation policy to full time Indeedians across the globe.
- Relaxed offices, serious mission — Our work environments feature collaborative team spaces, private areas to focus, and a casual dress code. Which means if you're looking to enjoy open offices or open toed shoes, this is the place.
- Healthy in body and mind — Going beyond the usual medical, dental and vision coverage, Indeed offers incentive programs, wellness days and fitness classes to keep you moving forward.
- Deliciously yummy food — Catered meals, endless snacks, and a bevy of drink options help make sure you have hydration and fuel for your creative fire.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.