Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
Our studio: Designing the future of work.
The Design Platform Studio is an interdisciplinary team working to elevate design across the Indeed product experience. Our team includes interaction, visual, and brand designers, design technologists, content writers, and UX researchers, working across the globe. We’re big-picture thinkers who know how to get things done. We make incremental improvements every day, but also take big, innovative leaps. We lead design for Indeed’s core job search experience. We’re shipping the company’s first design system. We’re piloting new native experiences. Everything we do comes back to crafting experiences that are human, empathetic, hopeful, and trusted, as the world’s #1 job search site becomes an even more meaningful partner in the work-life of people everywhere.
We bring our A-game every day, and we have fun doing it. And we’re seeking truly awesome, unbelievably talented teammates to join us.
Your strategic impact within your first year
Design and build of the next generation of home page, messaging and global navigation experiences:
- Define an architecture for global navigation that will enable a seamless experience throughout the journey.
- Define a strategy and execute on a 6 month, 1 year and 2 year vision for a home page and messaging experience that connects job seekers with employers.
- Develop solutions that consider messaging as an anchor for the job seeker journey and core engagement model for job seekers and employers.
Definition of home page experience standards
- Codify the building blocks and content hierarchy of the home page experience.
- Use quantitative and qualitative methods to uncover job seeker patterns, behaviors and intent; translate these findings into design patterns for personalizing the home page experience.
- Develop frameworks and guidelines to address how related products can be seamlessly integrated into the home page experience.
- Partner with user research to make decisions guided by the needs and expectation of our users.
- Use quantitative studies to understand business impact and measure progress.
- Use market research to measure NPS.
Mentor your product design team for job seeker journey
- Mentor and help interaction and visual designers within your team and the broader Indeed design community to create world-class product experiences.
- Facilitate and participate in design sprints, design jams, hackathon's or workshops.
You’ll have experience with global brands and/or world-class agencies:
- 5+ years of product design experience with an accompanying portfolio.
- 3+ years of shipping product experiences.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Natural entrepreneur.
- Ability to collaborate flawlessly with multiple teams (Design, Product, Engineering, Marketing).
- Ability to support UX research.
- Bachelor Degree Required, a degree in design, psychology, business, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field or equivalent experience.
Our workplace: People like it here.
At the core of our culture is a commitment to serving our users. We can embrace disagreement because we’re always united in doing what’s best for customers. We can take risks and make mistakes because we’re constantly testing, learning, and improving. Our people bring a wide range of perspectives, experiences, talents, temperaments, and backgrounds to the table, and bring their whole selves to work. But we don’t tolerate jerks.
Design what matters: Help the world work better.
Indeed is a conversation about jobs, companies, salaries, skills, locations, benefits, culture, your past jobs and your bright future. Being a part of our design community, you’ll be shaping the conversation we have with millions of people and building something that shows up in a meaningful way in the lives of job seekers and employers.
- Life and work balanced — We trust our employees to manage their time in a way that works best for them. We're proud to offer an open vacation policy to full-time Indeedians across the globe.
- Relaxed offices, serious mission — Our work environments feature collaborative team spaces, private areas to focus, and a casual dress code. Which means if you're looking to enjoy open offices or open-toed shoes, this is the place.
- Healthy in body and mind — Going beyond the usual medical, dental, and vision coverage, Indeed offers incentive programs, wellness days, and fitness classes to keep you moving forward.
- Deliciously yummy food — Catered meals, endless snacks, and a bevy of drink options help make sure you have hydration and fuel for your creative fire.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.