Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
The studio. Designing the future of work.
The Design Platform Studio is an interdisciplinary team of interaction, visual and brand designers, writers and researchers. Together, we’re defining the future of the Indeed product experience. Working with teams in San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, and Tokyo, we’re building Indeed’s first comprehensive design system. We’re big-picture thinkers who know how to work in the trenches. We lead design for the core search experience, native apps, and brand systems, helping Indeed craft experiences that are human, empathetic, hopeful and trusted. This is the most exciting time to be a designer at Indeed.
We bring our A-game every day and have fun doing it. And we’re seeking truly awesome, unbelievably talented makers to join us.
Your strategic impact within your first year.
Design the next generation core search experience:
- Execute on a 6 month, 1-year and 2-year vision for the search experience that connects job seekers with employers.
- Develop solutions that consider how the search experience integrates key aspects of our full portfolio of products to deliver a personalized experience.
- Through research, keep the voice of the job seeker at the forefront with a regular cadence of qualitative studies.
- Use quantitative studies to understand business impact and measure progress.
Define search experience standards:
- Codify the building blocks and content hierarchy of the search experience.
- Use quantitative and qualitative methods to uncover job seeker patterns, behaviors and intent; translate these findings into design patterns for personalizing the search experience.
- Develop frameworks and guidelines to address how related products can be seamlessly integrated across the search experience.
Mentor your product design team for the core search experience:
- Mentor and help interaction and visual designers within your team and the broader Indeed design community to create world-class product experiences.
- Facilitate and participate in design sprints, design jams, hackathons or workshops.
You’ll have experience with global brands and/or world-class agencies:
- 5+ years of product design experience with an accompanying portfolio.
- 3+ years of shipping product experiences.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Natural entrepreneur.
- Ability to collaborate flawlessly with multiple teams (Design, Product, Engineering, Marketing).
- Ability to support UX research.
- Bachelor Degree Required, a degree in design, psychology, business, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field or equivalent experience.
People like it here.
At the core of our culture is a heart for service. We may disagree but we’re always united in doing what’s best for our customers. Another part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
Design what matters most, how the world works.
Indeed is a conversation about jobs, companies, salaries, skills, locations, benefits, culture, your past jobs, and your future. Being apart of our design community, you’ll be shaping the conversation we have with millions of people and considering how we connect in a meaningful way in the lives of Job Seekers and Employers.
- Life and work balanced — We trust our employees to manage their time in a way that works best for them. We're proud to offer an open vacation policy to full-time Indeedians across the globe.
- Relaxed offices, serious mission — Our work environments feature collaborative team spaces, private areas to focus, and a casual dress code. Which means if you're looking to enjoy open offices or open-toed shoes, this is the place.
- Healthy in body and mind — Going beyond the usual medical, dental and vision coverage, Indeed offers incentive programs, wellness days and fitness classes to keep you moving forward.
- Deliciously yummy food — Catered meals, endless snacks, and a bevy of drink options help make sure you have hydration and fuel for your creative fire.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.