Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
What would you be doing?
- Triaging UX work requests and leveraging UX resources to maximize impact
- Collaborating with product management on ideas that will help them reach their goals
- Leading design reviews
- Mentoring and on-boarding other UX team members
- Leading initiatives to improve job search
- Incorporating user research to ensure the end users’ voice is incorporated into the design process
- 8+ years professional experience working in product user experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing or researching modern UI’s and interactions. We are interested in the design solutions, not design artifacts.
- Strong hands-on UX design skills
- Experience with consumer web-based products
- Experience with search
- Has mentored UX team members
- Has led major UX projects
- Mobile-first experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelors Degree Required, a degree in design, psychology, business, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field or equivalent experience.
Unique high profile opportunity
Indeed is making a major investment in design. We are aggressively growing a global design team and investing in a new, modern, design language. This is an opportunity to use this new design language and take one of the world’s top sites (indeed.com - #50 in US, #150 globally per Alexa) to the next level.
People like it here
People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
You will be challenged
People here are smart and are going to challenge your ideas, but we get along even when we don't agree. Being highly metrics based means we all talk the same language: results.
Your designs will make a difference
If you are the type of designer that wants to know what you are doing matters then you'll like our data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed you'll be able confidently to describe how your designs have improved our products.
Indeed is useful and successful
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs, we don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us
We get testimonials from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring all the time. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives. Not only financially; people spend about as much time with who they work with as the people they love. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.