Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range:
Senior Software Engineer: 11,770,000 - 14,470,000 JPY per year
Staff Software Engineer: 14,000,000 - 18,000,000 JPY per year
Are you motivated about building highly reliable, highly scalable systems that solve real customer use cases? Are you passionate about Advertising Technology targeted at millions of users? If you are an engineer who gets excited about solving complex business problems and building integrations that drive millions of dollars of revenue, then Indeed is looking for you. Job Advertising is a major source of revenue for Indeed, and we are looking for someone to join our team of highly motivated and talented engineers working on this mission critical system and transforming the way employers create and manage advertising campaigns to connect to their ideal candidates from millions of Indeed users.
As part of this collaborative team, you will
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain user-facing services and backend systems
- Conceive of and implement new features to help connect employers and job seekers
- Continually improve code quality, performance, and reliability of our services
- Mentor other engineers and provide feedback on software designs and best practices
- Minimum of a BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related area
- 7+ years experience in full-stack software development with experience in object-oriented programming languages, such as Java, C#, C++
- 2+ years experience building APIs that solve real-world customer problems
- Excellent leadership skills with experience guiding a team of engineers to deliver a project from requirements scoping to launch
- Ability to deep dive, analyze, and enhance complex systems while maintaining high code quality
- Proficient in designing and building large scale, highly available, distributed systems
- Experience with modern front-end development technologies and third-party UI integrations a plus
We get excited about a candidate who
- Has a passion for building elegant, scalable software solving practical problems
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Loves to learn, develop new skills, and share knowledge
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application you build
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.