Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Austin Base Salary Range:
Software Engineer I: 90,000- 112,000 USD per year
Software Engineer II: 116,000 - 142,000 USD per year
Senior Software Engineer: 116,000 - 142,000 USD per year
Staff Software Engineer: 138,000 - 174,000 USD per year
Principal Software Engineer: 172,000 - 218,000 USD per year
Technical Fellow: 199,000 - 261,000 USD per year
The Hiring Events team is seeking an experienced software engineer to help us design, build, and launch a new suite of backend services to support our web/mobile application to create and manage hiring events. These services will replace the existing technology for performing these functions and enable us to take advantage of new business opportunities.
We use rapid application development technology
We instrument our code liberally with analytics so we can see what’s happening
We release daily
We value incremental delivery of new products and services
- Help drive the technical direction of the product and mentor others across teams
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to translate product needs into domain-driven services and APIs
- Incrementally decompose an existing monolithic application into services and APIs
- Build services and APIs using Java frameworks (such as Spring Boot) to support customer-facing web/mobile applications
- Continually improve our technical stack and processes
- Maintain existing tools and infrastructure as necessary
You will be responsible for entire projects, from working with a Product Manager and Engineers on the problem being solved, possible solutions, the design, implementation and analytics. You should possess a mix of technical strength, business strength and good product ideas.
We're looking for someone who:
Thinks about why something needs to be built, not just what needs to be built
Knows how to design services to be observable, resilient
Understands how to build loosely coupled services with high cohesion
Understands importance of incrementally releasing measurable value
Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
Is willing to work in a tech stack deemed most suitable for the project
Is excited to work on testing a variety of product ideas, either currently underway or conceived in the future
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience developing services and APIs
- Experience with full stack application development, including services development in Java, is a plus
- Experience decomposing a monolithic application of moderate complexity into services
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.