Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
- Administer, support, and extend our on-premise Kubernetes infrastructure
- Author, update, and extend
- Kubernetes yaml configuration
- Helm charts
- Docker containers
- Participate in design reviews of new features and improvements
- Develop solutions that improve reliability, velocity and efficiency.
- Understand and communicate the relative costs of trade-offs.
- Understand impact and likelihood of technical and operational risks and take appropriate actions.
- Support legacy XenServer VM infrastructure, services, and Puppet code base.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and accountability when troubleshooting unplanned events with some cross-system dependencies within their domain.
- Create topic-level documentation. Share technical ideas, successes, and failures with other engineers.
- Contribute to team ticket queue.
- Document, plan, and execute maintenance and changes for business-critical systems.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or equivalent proof of baseline knowledge.
- Minimum 5 years in DevOps, SRE, or Linux Systems Administration/Engineering or related roles
- Minimum 3 years of technical experience managing and maintaining idempotent or immutable infrastructure
- Proficiency working with Git
- Proficiency writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Perl, Python, or a similar language
- Experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Solid understanding of containerization solutions such as Docker
- Strong understanding of Linux Capabilities, SELinux and Linux security controls
- Prior experience with XenServer or similar hypervisor solutions
- Excellent communication, documentation, planning, and collaboration skills
- Experience running on-premise Kubernetes across 30+ sites a plus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.