Date published: 4-Apr-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
- The design, care, and feeding of physical and virtual infrastructure (XEN) across multiple global data centers and points of presence.
- Day-to-day troubleshooting of hardware problems on x86 systems and iSCSI SANs
- Evaluate new and different types of hardware to improve performance or capacity
- Provisioning equipment and new data center locations
- Stay ahead of the capacity curve, keeping a long-term eye out for changes and needs of Indeed's technology stack.
- Work with Operations and Engineering teams to understand their capacity needs
- Build out the various capacity plans and act upon them before fires start
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects competing for your time and understand how to prioritize accordingly.
- Be part of the On-call Rotation for your areas of responsibility and expertise.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in experience
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Administration and Engineering
- We use CentOS/Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), you should too
- You can read and interpret IETF standards and RFCs
- systemd? Love it or hate it, you realize it's just another tool to use
- You are as comfortable with /bin/perf as you are with /bin/ls
- Experience with common automation tools such as Puppet
- Familiarity with a higher level scripting language, such as Perl, Python, or Ruby
- If you come from a DevOps or Sysadmin background could translate well
- A willingness to take responsibility, accountability, and ownership
- A willingness to mentor and teach people what you know
- You help people figure out how to do something instead of always doing it for them
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.