Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
This role is responsible for developing controlled vocabularies and applying metadata in order to significantly improve the job search experience for millions of Indeed users.
As an ideal candidate, you have a comprehensive knowledge of the Italian job market and fluency in the Italian language. You’ve been described as driven, curious, flexible, analytical, and detail-oriented. You take pride in your organizational skills and have a passion for performing research and synthesizing your findings. You naturally find problems and delight in identifying their solutions. Most importantly, you believe in user-centered design and are excited to help people get jobs.
- Collaborate with our Search Relevance team members to develop and test controlled vocabularies with the aim of improving Indeed search results
- Conduct a range of analyses (competitive/comparative, Google Analytics, internal data sources, user research) to inform taxonomy development process
- Evaluate categorized content to identify gaps in coverage, misclassified content, redundant and/or ineffective categorization rules
- Perform complex boolean queries to efficiently identify similar content and apply auto-categorization rules according to Indeed’s taxonomy structure and category definitions
- Create and maintain mappings and crosswalks to fulfill business needs and facilitate data reuse
- Suggest ways to improve and scale our products and internal tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Italian and English
- Substantial experience working and/or living in Italy.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in technical environments and happy to learn new systems as needed
- Strong background in research and analysis, including the ability to evaluate source authority
- Ability to context switch between systems-level thinking and attention to minute details
- Honed time management skills and demonstrated success in handling multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to balance quick decision-making with attention to quality and accuracy
- Familiarity with information recall concepts
- Proficiency with Google G Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Hangouts, etc.) is a plus
Bonus to have:
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing, implementing, and/or maintaining controlled vocabularies (thesauri, taxonomies, ontologies) in a business environment
- Strong data retrieval and boolean search skills
- Experience analyzing large datasets
- Knowledge of SQL or SPARQL a bonus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.