Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed Prime is a jobseeker marketplace that matches and connects top companies with the quality technical talent they need, dramatically reducing wasted time, effort and cost in identifying, attracting and hiring for tech roles. We are a passionate, diverse, entrepreneurial team building a well-funded start-up under the Indeed brand, aiming to become the #1 tech talent marketplace for both candidates and employers.
About the Role
The Team Lead, Data & Reporting role is a part of the Business Operations team focused on the Indeed Prime service. This role is an internal facing role that acts as a player-coach for a team of Analysts and Associates who are committed to serving and assisting our Strategy, Marketing, Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Talent Services teams. This individual will work especially close with our Strategy and leadership team to support our revenue forecasting models and the forecasts for the impact of product and marketing changes on KPIs.
This role and team will proactively identify and respond to related questions of value that can be created with clear data and insights for different Prime teams. You will work with different team members on Prime and other teams throughout Indeed to gather the necessary data and organize into an actionable format.
The Data and Reporting team focuses on specific projects that will ultimately increase efficiency for all teams. This includes querying and organizing data, creating static and dynamic reports, maintaining and improving dashboards, providing ad hoc research and analysis, and being all around data-driven problem solvers.
- Drive Prime’s data analytics and business intelligence efforts
- Act as a subject-matter expert on data querying, manipulation, and analysis
- Lead a team of associates and analysts - mentoring, teaching best practices, and developing skills of the team members
- Work closely with Business Strategy to provide data needed for model forecasting and analysis
- Work closely with Business Operations team to synthesize complex data and identify underlying assumptions and factors
- Use data analytics to provide insights to different teams to improve how they grow and balance the marketplace
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards as requested for the Prime team
- Handle the most advanced data querying and analysis requests for the team
- Triage and prioritize data requests to drive the maximum impact for the business
- Regularly meet with team leaders to understand business needs and determine where to focus the data and reporting team
- 3+ years of work experience in Business Intelligence, Data Science, Analytics, Marketing, Consulting, or related Data teams
- Strong experience using SQL and Python for data querying, manipulation and analysis
- Masters degree in Business Analytics or related field preferred
- Data visualization experience using Tableau preferred
- Proficiency with Google Sheets or Excel
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, ability to solve complex and diverse business problems (commercial, operational, organizational)
- Demonstrate leadership and earn respect across functions/teams
- Strong knowledge of data querying and analysis best practices with a proven ability to coach and teach junior individuals
- Project management skills and experience with process evaluation and design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Client service mentality, adaptability and willingness to collaborate openly with other functions
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to quickly digest, organize, and deliver on requests
- Experience with fast-paced, data-driven business model
- Open PTO
- Competitive salary and bonus programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness initiatives (incentive programs, fitness classes)
- Retirement plan with company match (401K)
- Catered meals, endless snacks and drinks
- Weekly happy hours
- Casual dress code
- Employee development opportunities
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.