Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The team builds the end-to-end machine learning platform that supports Indeed’s most mission critical products. This platform is used by multiple teams across Indeed to continuously improve machine learning models that power Indeed’s Job search ranking worldwide. The team’s mission is to match every jobseeker with the most relevant jobs across job search and many other impactful products across Indeed. To this end, the team develops the platform that incorporates the latest machine learning industry trends and technologies, and that scales to the massive volume of Indeed’s data.
- Lead a team of infrastructure / machine learning software engineers to deliver platform and model improvements, collaborating with product managers and data scientists from across Indeed
- Architect a scalable and robust end-end machine learning platform, incorporating latest industry best practices and feedback from customers inside of Indeed
- Find new opportunities with engineers to develop signals to improve Indeed’s search and recommendations models
- Partner with engineering teams responsible for developing personalization data pipelines and core components of Indeed’s search infrastructure in Tokyo, Austin, and other Indeed offices
- Do in-depth data and A/B-test experiment analysis using in-house / cloud-based analytics tools
- Define requirements, set OKRs, measure KPIs, and track test experiments
- Evangelize agile best practices to drive the team’s velocity
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field, or equivalent experience is ideal
- 3+ years of product management experience focused on building data intensive applications such as machine learning model data pipelines and platforms, event streaming pipelines, or distributed data systems
- Ability to work effectively across technical, product, and business stakeholders. Prior experience developing a vision for your team that is aligned with business goals and defining effective OKRs for your product to measure progress toward that vision.
- Prior experience leading a team using agile methodologies
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams, comfortable managing communications across multiple channels (email, Slack, Zoom, etc) and continents to get people aligned and get things done.
- Familiarity with open source and cloud-based technical stacks and machine learning frameworks, including technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive / Presto, Kafka, AWS S3 / Glue / Athena / EC2, Tensorflow / Keras, Pytorch.
- Ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions to technical product challenges.
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and work in process or resource gaps and fill it in yourself
- Outstanding data analysis and data-driven decision making skills, including A/B testing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
EEO and Accommodations
Indeed is deeply committed to creating a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at +81 3 4563 2563, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.