Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed Program Managers effectively deliver business results by championing a culture of accountability and consistent application of project & program management practices. We are facilitators and motivators, working across departments and offices to ensure collaboration, communication, visibility, and successful delivery of programs and projects.
Ultimately we are responsible for helping teams achieve their goals, work strategically together, and remain as adaptable as possible in a fun, ever-changing environment. We’re always looking for ways to optimize.
We need a Program Manager to help guide and deliver value to a large business initiative, or multiple important projects.
What you will do:
Plan and manage a large program consisting of multiple complex projects. Drive delivery of project work through other project managers.
Direct and be accountable for change management within your program domain.
Step in to manage projects or aspects of projects within the programs you own, as needed.
Partner with the program sponsor and stakeholders to define the program OKRs and roadmap.
Demonstrate proficiency in program strategy and execution within the business domain.
Understand and evangelize your program’s strategy and its benefits for Indeed.
Anticipate and mitigate risk by conducting assessments across the program to determine if the implementation plans meet stakeholder requirements and will achieve strategic objectives.
Apply analysis based on in-depth research and interpretive thinking. Evaluate and recommend solutions from various options.
Lead your program team and deliver strategic value. Collaborate across Indeed with senior stakeholders and other program managers.
Use communications effectively to inform and influence your intended audiences. Proactively network with relevant stakeholders across Indeed to advocate for the needs and success of your program.
Identify core problems or opportunities within business processes. Understand the root cause and impacts for the project and other teams. Communicate and collaborate with the right people to implement timely solutions.
Help your project team or other more junior program and project managers to refine their individual project management skills and behaviors. Provide opportunities to others to help close their skill gaps.
- You have experience with programmatic advertising and real time bidding.
- You are highly adaptable in a fast-paced hyper-growth environment; able to thrive within ambiguity.
- You have 8+ years experience working in a technology company within an engineering team, or in program/project management and preferably, a degree in engineering.
- You have 3+ years experience managing other project managers.
- You have worked closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- You have experience influencing senior management and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
- You are successful at getting buy-in for your ideas with a demonstrated affinity for metrics.
- You naturally exude team-building, motivating, and conflict-resolving qualities.
- Ability to manage key customer relationships, including senior managers.
- You can analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- You are decisive - you gather the data and make informed, critical decisions quickly.
- You capably elicit high-level requirements from both business and technical stakeholders, and can translate those into a detailed, prioritized backlog of work actionable by systems engineers and software developers.
- You have executed corporate-wide initiatives: defined project plans, coordinated resources, managed implementation activities, and developed all processes associated with program rollout and ongoing support.
- You have led multiple technical programs for a technology company, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and fine tuning the program as needed.
- You have significant agile/lean experience in a product owner or scrum master role, organizations leveraging lean/agile methodologies and in-depth experience with specific agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.