Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
If you are an engineer who's passionate about open source technologies, culture, and values, Indeed is looking for you. We are building out an open source practice. We want to create tools to let us measure and streamline our contribution process. With your expertise, we will become better members of the open source community.
As a software engineer working on the open source team in our San Francisco office, you’ll be a part of a small, talented group. You’ll work with peers at other companies to build tools that enable open source programs. You’ll release new tools, contributed to existing ones, and evolve our tooling infrastructure. You will play a key role in helping spread open source best practices across Indeed, modeling open source participation.
As a Tools Engineer on the Open Source team, you will...
- Make contributions to existing open source projects
- Help us release new open source projects in the tooling space
- Be a champion for open source, both inside and outside the company
- Write and speak about your work, internally and externally
- Bachelor’s Degree or recent Bootcamp graduation, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Are passionate about open source, especially when it comes to welcoming new contributors
- Love to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Think about why something needs to be built not just what needs to be built
- Have a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- Thrive on working with new technologies.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.