Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
Your job.The Travel and Expenses Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day operations and performance of Indeed’s global Travel and Expenses platforms, Nexonia and Egencia, as well as support the various travel needs of Indeed departments. Functional responsibilities include financial account reconciliation, reviewing, approving and preparing employee expense reports and subsequent payment file preparations, reporting on travel and expenses metrics and spend, issue resolution and driving policy improvement and education. In addition, the Travel and Expenses, Specialist will support Indeed employee travel where necessary. This role reports to the Global Travel & Expense Manager.
- Support and maintain Indeed’s global travel and expenses platforms across regions, entities, with priority on error management and consistency in the provision of customer focus globally.
- Enforce Indeed’s T&E policy by way of expense reimbursement submission review and travel issue resolution.
- Recommend continuous improvements to Indeed’s travel and expenses policy and communicate changes to Indeed employees.
- Implement and configure policy updates in Indeed’s travel and expenses platforms.
- Track policy changes and the impact on overspend and traveler experience.
- Review and reconcile travel charges on credit cards (and elsewhere).
- Maintain relationships with travel vendors, including airlines, hotels and car rental agencies.
- Notify travel vendors of upcoming travel arrangements and billing requirements.
- Compile data related to Indeed’s programs including policy adherence and spend.
- Support departments with detailed travel requirements including booking intricate itineraries for groups as needed.
- Resolve traveler issues in a timely fashion, independently or with the help of our external travel agent.
- Manage integrations between Indeed’s travel and expenses platform and other Indeed systems.
- Maintain the Expense Reimbursement database through frequent data scrubs and revisions.
- Support Indeed’s Recruiting teams beginning at the candidate travel arrangements all the way through the end of trip expense reimbursement requirements.
- Communicate effectively with travel vendors, employees, and candidates to resolve payment processing issues.
- Assist the Accounting team with monthly closing reports.
- Additional projects and functions as delegated by department management.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 2 years of experience in Corporate Travel industry/Accounts Payable/Expense Payments.
- Experience of working closely with global suppliers.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Exceptional computer skills and must be clearly internet savvy (Google Docs and Excel are a plus).
- Strong planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Can-do attitude in a fast-paced environment and strives to excel in a growing team.
- Knowledge and experience in a GDS booking tool (Galileo / Egencia) is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in an Expense Report tool (Concur / Nexonia) is a plus.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.