Additional Posting Location(s): New York City
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
Indeed.com is seeking a highly motivated US Tax Associate to join our growing Tax team. You will assist with all corporate tax compliance for Indeed’s domestic entities. You are a self-starter who is highly organized, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and thrives in a fun, but results-oriented work environment. This role is based out of our Stamford, CT office and will report directly to the US Tax Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of the Quarterly US tax provision and supporting workpapers for J-Sox;
- Assist in the preparation of state income/franchise tax returns and supporting work papers;
- Assist in the preparation of the federal pro forma/consolidated tax returns;
- Assist in the preparation of federal and state extensions and quarterly estimates;
- Gather information and assist in the preparation of filings required for sales & use tax, property tax, and other non-income tax compliance;
- Register the company with various state government agencies for payroll tax, income tax, etc.
- Assist with federal, state, and local tax audits and notices, including the preparation of responses and communication with tax authorities;
- Monitor and maintain the tax filing calendar and payment tracker;
- Assist the tax team with miscellaneous tax projects
- 3+ years of experience working in a public accounting firm or large multinational tax department with a focus in Corporate tax;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Tax; CPA or MST preferred;
- Knowledge of ASC 740
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of tax compliance software (i.e. Gosystems, OneSource, Vertex, Workday, etc);
- Working knowledge of accounting systems;
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.