Date published: 8-Aug-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
Design Technologists at Indeed
Design Technologists at Indeed serve a critical role accelerating the creation of breakthrough design, identifying opportunities, and bridging the Design and Engineering organizations.
Design Technologists build high-fidelity prototypes through the creation of tooling and code; identify and refine design concepts through technical and creative insight; define best practices in prototyping; help transfer code and ideas between design and engineering.
The skills of a design technologist vary widely, but generally include...
- Experience with industry standards for building user interface (accessibility, responsive design, grid, performance)
- Understanding the design process in modern software organizations (wireframes, click-throughs, mocks, prototypes of all levels of fidelity)
- A deep passion for both code and creativity
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, or After Effects
- Familiarity with usability testing
- Proficiency with Git
This role specifically requires
- 2+ years coding in a design-heavy environment, either as a member of the design team or a Front-end Engineer working closely with Designers
- Experience developing sophisticated UI prototypes
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- A portfolio of creative, beautiful, and compelling user interface prototypes
- Fluency in UI tech beyond a single platform
- Video game development
- Experience or strength in visual and/or interaction design
How is this different from a UI Engineer role?
UI Engineers take a finished design and productize it by making it fast, scalable, maintainable, and secure. Design Technologists, on the other hand, work within the design team and design process to rapidly create multiple iterations of high-fidelity prototypes in order to validate or reject ideas quickly.
This is a great time to join the Indeed design team. We are growing in size, capabilities, and location and the right individual will find a huge array of opportunities for major impact.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.